1. Klabunde, Richard. Cardiovascular physiology concepts. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2011.
2. Levick, J. Rodney. An introduction to cardiovascular physiology. Butterworth-Heinemann, 2013.
3. Luk, Adriana, Eric Ahn, Gursharan S. Soor, and Jagdish Butany. “Dilated cardiomyopathy: a review.” Journal of clinical pathology 62, no. 3 (2009): 219-225.
4. AKC. Diet-Associated Dilated Cardiomyopathy in Dogs. https://www.akc.org/breeder-programs/akc-breeder-of-merit-program/inner-circle-newsletter/diet-associated-dilated-cardiomyopathy-dogs/
5. Chiofalo, Biagina, Giulia De Vita, Vittorio Lo Presti, Salvatore Cucinotta, Gabriella Gaglio, Francesco Leone, and Ambra R. Di Rosa. “Grain free diets for utility dogs during training work: Evaluation of the nutrient digestibility and faecal characteristics.” Animal Nutrition (2019).
6. Adolphe, J. L., M. D. Drew, T. I. Silver, J. Fouhse, H. Childs, and L. P. Weber. “Effect of an extruded pea or rice diet on postprandial insulin and cardiovascular responses in dogs.” Journal of animal physiology and animal nutrition 99, no. 4 (2015): 767-776.
7. Anderson, E.,and Jinpeng L. “Dog Food – Pulses Ingredients” Center for Research on Ingredient Safety. 2019. https://www.canr.msu.edu/news/dog-food-pulses-ingredients
8. FDA. “FDA Investigating Potential Connection Between Diet and Cases of Canine Heart Disease” 2018. https://www.fda.gov/animal-veterinary/outbreaks-and-advisories/fda-investigation-potential-link-between-certain-diets-and-canine-dilated-cardiomyopathy
9. FDA “FDA Investigation into Potential Link between Certain Diets and Canine Dilated Cardiomyopathy” 2019. https://www.fda.gov/animal-veterinary/news-events/fda-investigation-potential-link-between-certain-diets-and-canine-dilated-cardiomyopathy
10. Petcurean “Diet and Dilated Cardiomyopathy (DCM) in Dogs” https://www.petcurean.com/blog/diet-and-dilated-cardiomyopathy-dcm-in-dogs/