- “Consumer Trends Pet Food in Canada.” Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada, www.agr.gc.ca/resources/prod/Internet-Internet/MISB-DGSIM/ATS-SEA/PDF/6245-eng.pdf.
- Phillips-Donaldson, Debbie, and Debbie Phillips-Donaldson. “Global Pet Food Sales Hit $91 Billion in 2018.” PetfoodIndustry.com, PetfoodIndustry.com, 5 Mar. 2019, www.petfoodindustry.com/articles/7899-global-pet-food-sales-hit-91-billion-in-2018.
- FDA. “Recalls and Withdrawls” (2021). https://www.fda.gov/animal-veterinary/safety-health/recalls-withdrawals
- World Health Organization (WHO). “Botulism” (2018). https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/botulism#:~:text=The%20botulinum%20toxin%20has%20been,such%20as%20ham%20and%20sausage.
- FDA. “Limited Production of Two Varieties of Milo’s Kitchen® Dog Treats Voluntarily Recalled Due to Potentially Elevated Levels of Thyroid Hormone” (2020). https://www.fda.gov/safety/recalls-market-withdrawals-safety-alerts/limited-production-two-varieties-milos-kitchenr-dog-treats-voluntarily-recalled-due-potentially#:~:text=The%20J.M.%20Smucker%20Company%20today,levels%20of%20beef%20thyroid%20hormone.
- Food Safety News (FSN). “Canned dog food recalled for elevated beef thyroid hormone” (2018). https://www.foodsafetynews.com/2018/06/canned-dog-food-recalled-for-elevated-beef-thyroid-hormone/#:~:text=Dave's%20Pet%20Food%20has%20recalled,a%20UPC%20of%2085038%2D11167.
- FDA. “Get the Facts about Salmonella”. (2020). https://www.fda.gov/animal-veterinary/animal-health-literacy/get-facts-about-salmonella
- FDA. “United Pet Group Expands Voluntary Recall of Multiple Brands of Rawhide Chew Products for Dogs to Also Include Private Label Brands Due to Possible Chemical Contamination” (2018). https://www.fda.gov/safety/recalls-market-withdrawals-safety-alerts/united-pet-group-expands-voluntary-recall-multiple-brands-rawhide-chew-products-dogs-also-include
- Dog Food Advisor. ""Recalls" (2021). https://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-recall