10 lbs pork roast
1 ¼ cup water
2 cups of cooked brown rice
5 lbs sweet potatoes
6 oz fresh spinach
Are you tired of constantly hearing about dog food recalls from major pet food manufacturers? These recalls occur frequently due to poor quality ingredients and minimal regulations in the pet food industry. It’s upsetting to learn that the food your dog has been eating might be doing more harm than good. That’s why exploring a home cooked dog food diet is always a great option.
Homemade dog food allows you to control exactly what your dog is eating and avoid mass-produced and heavily processed dog food. The peace of mind you get from feeding your loyal companion healthy food is priceless.
Dogs require a diet that is rich in nutrients like protein, fat, fiber, and other essential nutrients to thrive. The truth is that dry dog food provides the absolute bare minimum in terms of nutrients for our pets. Dogs can survive on a dry food diet, but if you want to provide your loyal companion with optimal health and vitality, a home-cooked diet is the way to go.
What Are the Benefits of Fresh Dog Food?
Home cooked dog food can provide your pup with better nutrition, improved digestion, longer lifespan, and a better quality of life. It’s a great choice because you are able to control exactly what goes into your dog’s bowl. That means you won’t have to worry about any more dog food manufacturer recalls or filler ingredients preventing your pup from reaching their optimal health.
If you decide to go with home-cooked food, make sure you are providing your dog with a veterinary-approved formula that is easy for dogs to digest and receive health benefits from. Trying to measure out a balanced and nutritious diet for your dog on your own can be quite difficult and time-consuming, which is why purchasing fresh dog food from a company like Kabo makes so much sense. You can actually have vet-approved meals that are customized based on your dog’s breed and size delivered right to your doorstep.
Taking your dog’s health into your own hands and feeding them home cooked dog food is extremely rewarding for both you and your pup. However, make sure that you are aware of any food allergies or dietary restrictions before feeding your dog homemade food. This is particularly important if they suffer from preexisting health conditions. You may also need to make changes to the ratio of protein to grains and veggies in order to meet all of your dog’s dietary needs.
Let’s take a look at this effortless home cooked dog food recipe to try out below.
1) Rinse off the pork roast and put it inside the slow cooker along with ¼ cup of water. Cook the meat in your slow cooker on low for about 12 hours until the meat is extremely tender. Allow the pork to cool off before you start handling it.
2) Clean off the sweet potatoes and cut each one in half. Put them inside a large pot and cover them with water. Bring the pot to a boil and allow sweet potatoes to cook until they are tender, which should be around 20-40 minutes. Next, drain the pot and allow the potatoes to cool off.
3) Cook the 2 cups of brown rice based on the instructions listed on the rice’s packaging.
4) Blend the 6 oz of fresh spinach with 1 cup of water.
5) Take the pork out of the slow cooker and place it on a large cookie sheet. Remove the bone, fat layer, and juice from the pork. Grind the meat with your hands until it is broken down well. The goal is to end up without any stringy pieces of pork so that your dog will be able to easily digest the meat. If you want to avoid working with your hands, you can also put the boneless pork roast into a food processor.
6) Use the large pot as a mixing bowl and add in all of the ingredients. Mix everything together until it reaches an even consistency and divide the meals up for your pup. You can use freezer safe containers to divide things up and keep them fresh for your dog.